Are you ready for another Crochet Along?? How about helping out those in need?? And an awesome prize package!!
You know I have a heart for Cancer Awareness and Charity!! So~ I would love for you to join me and 9 of my Crochet Blogging Friends… Over the next two weeks we all will be participating in an all out crochet, hat making fun time!! We all will be making hats and other crochet items to donate to Crochet For Cancer and Hooks of Hope!! And to top it off,,, My Crochet Friends and I have put together a whole list of Free Crochet Patterns just for you to use!!! And guess what else?? Red Heart has put together a great prize package to worth $125…
Great Cause, Free Patterns and a Giveaway!!
My Friend Sara at My Merry Messy Life has organized this wonderful event… and here are my other great friend who have provided some of their free patterns…
This is such a great chance to meet some of my Crochet Blogger Friend,,, Try some new FREE Patterns and Pay it forward!! Here is a list of our Free Patterns:
- Moose Beanie All Sizes
- Fox Beanie All Sizes
- Lion Beanie All Sizes
- Sugar Love Beanie Baby Sizes
- Cheery Lime Adult Beanie Adult Size
- Baby Boy Beanie with Pom Pom Preemie and Baby Sizes
- Crochet Monster Hat Toddler and Child Sizes
- Basic Single Crochet Beanie All Sizes
- Basic Half Double Crochet Beanie All Sizes
- Jake the Dog Hat Child Size
- Blue’s Clues Hat Child Size
- Cute and Warm Beanie with Bow All Sizes
- Holiday Hats All Sizes
- Free Simple Single Crochet Beanie All Sizes
- Bright Stripes Beanie Child and Adult Sizes
- Walkabout Slouch Toddler, Child, Adult
- Easy Preemie Hat
- Morning Frost Hat Adult Size
- Country Appeal Hat and Matching Scarf Adult Size
- Mystic Beanie Adult Size
- Cabled Hat with Brim Adult Size
- Leaping Stripes and Blocks Beanies All Sizes
The Crochet Along will run from now through April 21, 2014. In order to qualify for the Red Heart Yarn prize package, you must complete 4 Hats or 2 larger projects like Shawls and or Blanket and mail them to Hooks of Hope. Here are the requirements for your donation, per the Crochet for Cancer website:
- Must be new – never worn
- Clean – free of perfume, pet hair and smoke
- Placed individually in clear ziplock style plastic bags
- Soft yarn is best cotton, acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend is best.
- Do not use wool or alpaca as they can irritate the scalp.
- We accept baby, children, youth, and adult hats.
- Please use patterns that do not have gaps or large holes.
- A tighter stitch is best so that it covers the scalp.
- Be sure to wash your hands on a regular basis while making the caps.
If you would like to donate another item or something else… Here is what they will accept!!!~
- Blankets (all sizes)
- Prayer Shawls
- Be creative, we accept any type of gift item to give to a person fighting cancer. For
- example, a crochet pink ribbon pin to support breast cancer awareness.
- Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!!!
- Gift cards to purchase yarn and supplies from the following locations:
- Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, AC Moore Crafts, WalMart, and JoAnn Fabric.
Please Mail Your Package to:
Hooks of Hope
c/o Melissa Wortmann
P.O. Box 163
Neffs, PA 18065
We would still love for you to participate by donating your projects to your local hospitals
or charities. Let us know what you’re up to by sharing on social media!
The Fabulous Prize ~ $125 Worth of Yarn From Red Heart!
In order to qualify for the Red Heart Yarn prize package ~
I will be Hosting a CROCHET FOR CANCER Show and Tell on my Facebook page each Friday to show off what you are making and donating… Feel free to post to my Facebook Page any day and especially on Friday evenings at 5pm EST… Make sure you put the hashtag #CrochetForCancerCAL anytime you show off your work or talk about it on Social Media.. That will help us all find each other!!!
LET’S MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!
Happy Crocheting …